Re: Just some ideas

>> There isn't a central addressbook but I think it's an excellent
>> idea and not even that difficult to implement

Michael> Has anyone considered using ldap?  Or at least providing
Michael> support to it?  It would give access to an already defined
Michael> and extensible directory architecture that is on its way to
Michael> becomming an internet standard.

I think it makes the most sense to use CORBA, and provide an LDAP
bridge for those using LDAP.  That way I only have to add CORBA and
not LDAP into Emacs to get full interoperability with the rest of
Gnome:-)

Tom