Re: XML: status update

> I brought up the idea of adding a generic HTTP access library to the
> gnome libraries so that applications could access web resources and
> was shot down pretty hard at the gnome meeting after the expo.

I thought that 'GNOME' had 'object model' in its name. Doesn't that
sort-of promise that instead of having large monolithic programs,
there will be various small re-useable objects? A general purpose
HTTP library would fit in perfectly, I'd say.

Could anyone who shot this idea down comment on the reason for doing so?

Kasper