Re: XML and GNOME community

>     Daniel> I'm ready to send some night coding XML support for the
>     Daniel> beloved Gnome desktop :-) As a first step, I would like to
>     Daniel> add XML parsing code to Gnome, then the DOM API to
>     Daniel> manipulate it, export it via Corba. The next step is to
>     Daniel> use this API to subclass one of the editor widgets and add
>     Daniel> basic XML support and add support to the html renderer
>     Daniel> (which is more complicated, rendering generic XML isn't
>     Daniel> trivial one need to add support for CSS or XSL).
>
> Daniel, I think it would be wonderful if you did that: this
> implementation plan sounds orthogonal and non-interfering.
>
> I think it could be quite useful in some circumstances, usually those
> circumstances in which XML is the right tool :-).  Norman Walsh has
> already implemented a "DocBook in XML" DTD, and jade now supports XML.

  Ok, it seems that at least a few people are interested in an XML
support for Gnome, but I'm afraid of "polluting" the main gnome list
with XML related discussions. I would prefer fork off a different channel
I can host a mailing list for this purpose, no problem. Just send me a
direct mail if interested and if I get more than half a dozen addresses
I will create the list and the archive.

Daniel
--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C  MIT/LCS  NE43-344  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel: +1 617 253 5884  | 545 Technology Square   | Linux, WWW, rpm2html,