Re: Scroll bars.

Peter Forbes <forbesp@idirect.com> writes:

> ketil@ii.uib.no wrote:
> > *   scrolling up and down by dragging the little marker is painful if
> > there's a lot of area to scroll (i.e. the directory listing contains
> > lots of files)  Precision is lost.

> Yes. This is extremely irritating. An alternative is to use
> a second mouse button that would scroll at a different ratio (finer
> precision).

Or you could have the scrolling be at a fixed ratio (pixels/lines per
distance of mouse movement), regardless of the size of the buffer/pane.
Effectively slowing down the mouse cursor when manipulating long panes,
and speeding it up when manipulating short ones.

The physical mouse movement to scroll down e.g. one page would be the
same, regardless of buffer size.  I think it would be rather nice.

~kzm