Re: Fonts and GTK

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Ramarao Kanneganti wrote:

> The widgets look extremely good. The only place where they lag behind is
> the fonts. The default X fonts are so ugly looking! Is there a plan
> afoot to get better font support for the widget sets?

You can use whatever fonts you wish in Gtk widgets, you just have to edit
the rc file. I like the defaults though - they're clean & simple.

> Also, another comment I have is that in general in X there is no concept
> of being able to print the screen fonts. That is there is no connection
> between the screen fonts and the corresponding printer fonts. [WYSIWYG]
> Programms like Applixware maintain the connection through external
> config files. Are there any ideas about providing better support for
> printing under GTK widgets?

If someone wants to make that their project, I don't think anyone would
refuse them ;-) Perhaps the easiest way to do this is to just use the X
print server...

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way
to factor large prime numbers." -- Bill Gates from "The Road Ahead," p. 265.