Re: stock buttons (was: i18n -vs- strings)

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Eckehard Berns wrote:

> > Eckehard> Hmmm, is there a i18n problem with the placement of icons
> > Eckehard> beside text? Or is it okay to put the icon right beside the
> > Eckehard> text in all countries?

> > For buttons you probably want the text below the images, right?

> Hmmm, that would be true for toolbar buttons. But do you think dialog
> buttons should look that way, too? I first thought of B*rland style
> buttons and thus placed the icons to the right.

For some interesting tips and pitfalls
of internationalization you should
check out this web site:
http://www.iarchitect.com/global.htm
It also has links to tips pages.
Remember that its a site for Windows
programmers, so not everything will
apply.  Interestingly, they also
blast Borland's style of buttons.
(But I don't remember what section
that was under.)
						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.