Re: Fonts and GTK

Elliot Lee writes:
 > On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Ramarao Kanneganti wrote:
 > > the fonts. The default X fonts are so ugly looking! Is there a plan
 > > afoot to get better font support for the widget sets?
 >
 > You can use whatever fonts you wish in Gtk widgets, you just have to edit
 > the rc file. I like the defaults though - they're clean & simple.

Hopefully, eventually, the fonts can be set through some
configuaration program. But, are you sure that I can use whatever
fonts? Can I use type 1 fonts and expect to have some anti-aliasing
support? X font server really is not that good. Also, there is support
for anti-alised text in Gimp. Is it going to be part of GTK so that
the font problems in X can be corrected at library level code?

 > > config files. Are there any ideas about providing better support for
 > > printing under GTK widgets?
 >
 > If someone wants to make that their project, I don't think anyone would
 > refuse them ;-) Perhaps the easiest way to do this is to just use the X
 > print server...

Aha, Unfortunately, I am not that good at X hacking. Besides, I was
told that the X Print Server is something recent. I don't know anybody
who hacked with it!

 > -- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/

--rama