Re: FAQv1 on verge of being done

>  I want to go ahead and declare version 1 of the FAQ completed.

Congrats!  It is looking very good.

>  2) The present, unanswered questions in the FAQ, specifically 2.8 and 3.4,
>  need to be answered.  Federico, what's the deal with DPS?  And can someone
>  send me a blurb on the libintl issue?

I guess you can add the following blurb:

3.4 Display Postscript

The Gnome apps that need WYSIWYG displays will make use of the Display
Postscript libraries.  This is the easiest way to make sure the stuff
that gets displayed onscreen will be the same as what is sent to the
printer.  Also, this makes it easier for developers to make their
applications `think' about only one graphics API, which is Postscript.

Gnome uses the dpsclient library by Adobe Systems, which is freely
available.  This library queries the X server to see whether it
supports the Display Postscript extension.  If it does, it will send
DPS calls directly to the server.  If it doesn't, it will try to
launch a local client that performs Postscript rendering manually.

This client is the Display Ghostscript system which is being developed
primarily for the GNUstep project.  DGS can work as a Display
Postscript client for X that works in conjunction with Adobe's
dpsclient.

On top of DPS, Gnome uses the GtkDPS widget developed for the GYVE
project by Terumoto Hayakawa.  This widget lets you use a DPS context
inside a Gtk widget in a very convenient fashion.

[Maybe include a bit of bibliography?  The blue and red Postscript
books, and perhaps the DPS books would be helpful.]

  Quartic