Re: gtkicq woes

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Gleef wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Jeremy Wise wrote:
> >
> > The CVS version is now updated with my current development, which works
> > warning free with the CVS libs as of 2:00 (EST) this afternoon.  (Only

> Bug reports:
>   * Gtkicq does not seem to run when started from the panel, it only works
>     from command line.

** WARNING **: Can't get goad_id from desktop entry!

is what I get.  What do I have to add to it's desktop entry to get it to
work?

>   * When I connected I had two messages waiting (from two different
>     people).  I exited ICQ without reading them.  When I reconnected,
>     there were _no_ messages waiting.
>   * One of the two messages was saved to the Message History.  The other
>     was not.

Both of the messages should have been saved to the message history.  If
there's a flashing icon, then the message is already in the history...
But, it doesn't save messages yet (Mirabilis clients don't either) when
you close the program.

>   * When I hide the window with Ctrl-H, I cannot bring the window back by
>     clicking on the applet.  I had to remove gtkicq from the panel and
>     restart from the command line.

This is because I can't seem to attach a button_press_event to a
gtk_frame.  I'll work on this - I completely forgot it wasn't working :)

Sincerely,

Jeremy Wise