Re: gtkicq woes

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Jeremy Wise wrote:

> This is a Gnome thing - Gnome is now (not sure why) requiring ESD, which
> requires audiofile.  I guess you'll just have to either strip -laudiofile,
> or install it anyway...

GNOME doesn't require ESD, it merely makes use of it if available.  Every
other package I use configures and compiles fine without manually removing
things like this on my system.  Autoconf is your friend, if you want I
would be glad to work out a patch for properly detecting the sound
libraries.

-Gleef