Re: gtkicq woes

On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 10:52:52AM -0500, Jeremy Wise wrote:
> > > The CVS version is now updated with my current development, which works
> > > warning free with the CVS libs as of 2:00 (EST) this afternoon.  (Only
>
> > Bug reports:
> >   * Gtkicq does not seem to run when started from the panel, it only works
> >     from command line.
>
> ** WARNING **: Can't get goad_id from desktop entry!
>
> is what I get.  What do I have to add to it's desktop entry to get it to
> work?

ahhh that ... this a hack on the panel's part ... since all applets are supposed
to be goad servers the panel just wants a goad_id .. it never actually executes
the program (as it might just as well be a multiapplet, it doesn't know)
so it tries to parse the command line and find the goad_id ...

look at the other .desktop files from the other applets to fix this

> >   * When I hide the window with Ctrl-H, I cannot bring the window back by
> >     clicking on the applet.  I had to remove gtkicq from the panel and
> >     restart from the command line.
>
> This is because I can't seem to attach a button_press_event to a
> gtk_frame.  I'll work on this - I completely forgot it wasn't working :)

you'll have to add an event box if you want to attach a button_press_event,
the frame doesn't have a window of it's own tocatch x events

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: