Re: freeze : OK but what should be updated ?

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 04:35:16PM -0500, Daniel Burrows scribbled:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 04:08:05PM -0500, Gleef scribbled:
> >
> > On 17 Dec 1998, Philippe Moutarlier wrote:
> > >
> > > I tried to update my gnome stuff with gnome libs and core but I get
> > > udefined gdk_imilb.. symbols.  (I updated everything else 3 days ago !)
> > >
> > > wouldn't it be a good time to say exactly what is needed, in which order to compile the
> > > frozen distribution ?

              [snip]

>   I was getting the same error as of CVS at 2:00 this morning--all
> packages (sans gettext) were checked out from CVS as quickly as
> possible.  I haven't built since then, so I don't know if it's been
> fixed.  But it's not an old imlib thing.
>
>   Of course, I've been wrong about things like this before..

  Wrong again!  The problem, as it turned out, was that my gdk_imlib
directory wasn't being properly included in the Makefiles and cache.c
in particular wasn't being built.  (make cache.o tried to compile but
died and make by itself didn't due cache.o)  The solution was to delete
config.cache and re-run autogen.sh/configure.  (I didn't need autogen
probably)  My build script will henceforth nuke all config.cache files
it finds before configuring. :-)

--
  Daniel Burrows

"I think that the surest sign that there is intelligent
 life out there is that none of it has tried to contact us."

  -- _Calvin and Hobbes_, Bill Watterson

PGP signature