Re: freeze : OK but what should be updated ?

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 04:08:05PM -0500, Gleef scribbled:

> On 17 Dec 1998, Philippe Moutarlier wrote:
> >
> > I tried to update my gnome stuff with gnome libs and core but I get
> > udefined gdk_imilb.. symbols.  (I updated everything else 3 days ago !)
> >
> > wouldn't it be a good time to say exactly what is needed, in which order to compile the
> > frozen distribution ?
>
> Hard to say what you need to update without knowing what you've got, and
> how you are getting GNOME (I assume either tarballs or CVS, since RPM
> should tell you what you need).
>
> You might want to make sure you have the following:
> gettext (0.10.35)
> glib (1.1.7)
> gtk+ (1.1.7)
> imlib (1.8.2)
> ORBit (0.3.90)
> gnome-libs (0.99.0)
>
> Your error message is probably due to an old imlib.
>
> Best of Luck,
> -Gleef

  I was getting the same error as of CVS at 2:00 this morning--all
packages (sans gettext) were checked out from CVS as quickly as
possible.  I haven't built since then, so I don't know if it's been
fixed.  But it's not an old imlib thing.

  Of course, I've been wrong about things like this before..

--
  Daniel Burrows

"I think that the surest sign that there is intelligent
 life out there is that none of it has tried to contact us."

  -- _Calvin and Hobbes_, Bill Watterson

PGP signature