Re: GNOME 0.2x - Let's fix it and then forget it

IMHO fix the new version. Ppl. don't want to be running 0.20, when they
know about 0.27/0.28, and do it quick. Next time release alpha versions.
Remember we are also missing gnome-graphics (or ee and ghost-gnome) rpm file(s)

Daleak

By the way, if you fix this version, you can include it with the next Raw Hide
release...that would be nice.

>My original understand was that the 0.25 was going to be a quiet release.
>It turned into a huge slashdot failure. I think now that everyone
>is wanting to run something GNOME'ish we either have to fix the 0.25+ stuff
>that everyone is grabbing now, OR revert back to the GNOME 0.20/gtk-1.0.x
>release as the 'public release'. If we do the later, rename the 0.25+ stuff
>as GNOME 0.29ALPHA and put it in a seperate place on the ftp site, so
>that people will have no excuse to think its for general consumption.
>
>In the future we need to be excrucitaingly clear when a release is what
>we want everyone to download and show their friends, or is it a release
>for developers so people making cool GNOME apps can say 'this requires
>gnome-libs 0.34alpha and gtk-1.1.8'.
>
>I think we should act quickly to handle this PR problem.
>
>Dr Mike

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Christiansen;Kenneth