Re: more on gui piping

Could I just point out that my original suggestion on how to do a diff
was cast in terms of selecting from a right click menu. As a result,
the whole operation was completed with making two selections from a menu
(after having selected the files in the file manager). This is a very
efficient way of operating. Basing the GUI on drags and drops makes it
more tedious to use.

A further point, pipe objects are something that would be useful on the
desktop but they are NOT files. Other examples (form the IXI desktop)
include an icon of a user or a generic printer object. The GNOME object
model should be careful not to equate objects with files.

Felix