Re: SGML editor (Re: minor FAQ announcement)

    Evan> There is LyX.  LyX has an SGML mode.  I kinda like LyX.  I
    Evan> wish it converted chapters to sections though.  I use LyX to
    Evan> write a story, and I convert the format from 'book' to
    Evan> 'linuxdoc' so I can convert the SGML to HTML for the web.
    Evan> Comes out nicely, but some tags have to be converted by hand
    Evan> :(

    Evan> LyX makes a quite nice SGML editor.

Lyx is not an SGML editor, since it has hardcoded knowledge of one or
two DTDs and not a general DTD parser (emacs+PSGML mode instead does
it right).

But if they put in (even hard-coded) support for DocBook, the world
will be quite happy.  I think they are working on it.