Re: SGML editor (Re: minor FAQ announcement)

Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis@mindspring.net> writes:
>
> |   1) Is there a graphical SGML editor which supports DocBook, similar
> |   to how klyx supports SGMLtools (neè LinuxDoc)?  If not, then I'm
> |   actuall going to have to learn the tags, which is not very
> |   user-friendly...
>
> Not that I know of any such an editor.  Done right, an SGML editor would
> be an useful GNOME project.
>
> For the moment you've to use Emacs with the powerful PSGML package as an
> add-on.  PSGML is context aware: it has an built-in parsers and offers
> the appropriate markup "tags" automagically.

There is LyX.  LyX has an SGML mode.  I kinda like LyX.  I wish it converted
chapters to sections though.  I use LyX to write a story, and I convert the
format from 'book' to 'linuxdoc' so I can convert the SGML to HTML for the
web.  Comes out nicely, but some tags have to be converted by hand :(

LyX makes a quite nice SGML editor.