Re: GNOME Database kit

On Wed, Aug 05, 1998 at 05:52:53PM -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Adam Keys wrote:
 <snip>

> ODBC isn't really propriatary.  It's based on X/Open and ISO standards.
> It would fit into any application that wanted database access so I guess
> in that sense it would fit into the gnome scheme of things.
<snip>

I deal with ODBC on a daily basis (in windows). The specs are standard, the
function calls are standard. And the varing behaviours of servers are standard
 8^)

It takes a lot to write an ODBC app that is fast and can be used with differant servers. Sadly, It was something was not done at my company and we are tied to
M$SQL.

--
Reklaw - I code therefore I need beer.