Re: GNOME Database kit

> Sort of.  ODBC isn't deathly complex although I wouldn't describe it as
> simple either.  It's pretty well thought out and well documented.  For
> some examples of ODBC drivers you can look at the most recent ODBC
> driver kit ( 3.5 ) from MS which contains the source code for the trace
> driver.  Also, take a look at the source code for the MyODBC driver as
> well.  Then get scared. :)

I don't want to be scared.  If you are a competent coder and you are
scared by some code, then it probably isn't done as well as it could be.

My questions about ODBC are 1) is it proprietary and 2) does it fit into
the GNOME scheme of things well?

I agree the ODBC is well thought out, but there are things I think we
could to better.

My non-ODBC question is this.  How bindable is C++?  AFAIK, gtk+ is
written in C which makes binding other languages like perl or Python
relatively simple.  Is C++ this way?  C++ really works so much better
AFAIK for this type of abstraction, and I'd like to work from that
angle, but I fear that would lock out perl, Python, etc coders.

Adam Keys