Re: Memory Issues with gtk, gnome panel, etc

Hi,

Dirk Luetjens <dirk@luedi.oche.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Robert Soros <bobsoros@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > 	Why is this happening, is it gtk ? is it some gnome app in
> > particular, like the panel, applets, etc?
>
> Could this be glib?

> Did I get something totaly wrong, or why is this the default
> behavoir?

Sorry, it was late :-) The GList and GSList hold their own free-list
in the GListAllocator struct. They donīt rely on the
g_mem_chunck_free algorithm. But never the less, the memory for these
list entries is never freed. So the memory allocated for list
structures must increase up to the biggest number of simultaniosly
allocated list entries.

Dirk