Re: My thoughts on icons and meta-data

Hi!

> Actually Perl has a builtin db interface. So as long as key/value pairs
> are human-readable, perl is the tool to handle them.

Well, or any other language which can handle strings, I hope ;-)

> SQL databases either have to dump the whole file on demand, or use a
> format similar (but not necessarily compatible) with db. In either
> case, SQL database is the *only* tool to handle the file and far less
> ubiquitous than perl.

Well, SQL is easier than Perl but the problem might be that there are
not that many free SQL implementations. As stated before (in order to
solve all these problems) I vote for a general interface in which you
can plug any database solution.

best,
  mr topf