Re: My thoughts on icons and meta-data

Christian Scholz <ruebe@aachen.heimat.de> writes:

> Well, actually the problem with this might be that you really have to
> code tools to handle data inside it. I still would like the idea
> of a small (!) SQL-database.. (actually I haven't tried it on 486 but

Actually Perl has a builtin db interface. So as long as key/value pairs
are human-readable, perl is the tool to handle them.

SQL databases either have to dump the whole file on demand, or use a
format similar (but not necessarily compatible) with db. In either
case, SQL database is the *only* tool to handle the file and far less
ubiquitous than perl.

--
I refuse to use .sig