Re: A try at GNOME MDI

J> What *would*, IMHO, be a suitable replacement for MDI would be some
J> standard way to specify to the window manager that a main
J> application window should never be allowed to overlay any dialog
J> windows that are associated with the main window, and to specify
J> that any dialog windows are to be hidden when the main application
J> window is iconized.

Someone should take a look at Motif, which does this.  I suggest that
we use the same method, so that we are compatible with correctly
written Motif apps, and people who have to run dtwm or mwm (like me at
work, at the moment) see things working correctly.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
You're not an alcoholic unless you go to the meetings.