Re: A try at GNOME MDI

I am not sure if I would club MDI with monsterasities such as lack of
virtual windows. MDI has one advantage: all the related windows stay
together. When I run Gimp, I occasionally wish I had MDI. [May be
virtual desktops give similar power to the user, not to the
application].

I remember reading about Opera, the browser. It has MDI for web
browser windows. They claimed that it is faster to do so on
windows. (they have both modes: MDI and non-MDI).

Some sort of configurable MDI would be good. Already, iconising the
whole application when you iconise the main one is supported in some
wm's. The only problem is, when lots of windows are open, it is
difficult to see which one is main window.

Regards,
Ra,a