gnome-keyring Format of private key file

Hi all,
I managed to import a certificate (pkcs#12 file with password protected private key) with gnome-keyring import command.
The files where stored in .gnome2/keyrings/ and the private key was stored in a separate file.
I wonder what format that file is in? The extension says pkcs8 but I couldn't read the file with openssl.

Regards,
Johan

--
"It is better to ask questions and seem stupid,
 than not to ask questions and remain stupid." -- Unknown