Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

Mosfet,

   I know you have been mean to GNOME, and bad-mouthing GNOME for a
long time.  Even before any of my interviews.  And that proves nothing.

   Why you care so much when a reporter gets me off-guard and asks me
a question?  It was a mistake to say that, probably.  Then again, that
is how I felt when I was asked that at that precise moment.

   Linux Journal is running an article on the may issue on the QPL
license and the author states what he thinks the future of GNOME is.
He has his views I guess.  Twisted, but he definetly got a point of
view.

   I do not go around life with a Master Plan and a specific Strategy
toward some bizarre conspiracy.  As far as I am concerned, I am
working on GNOME to have a good time given that I love to program;
because I like to learn new things, experiment with them; because I
love to create new models in which information flows; because I want
to write GPL software; because I enjoy a lot the companionship of my
GNOME friends and because I romantically think that we can make a
better world.

   I replied to the reporter with what came to my mind at that point.
I will in the future have a ready-to-use quote for this sort of
question.

> And in most Gnome stories where Miguel is involved, there is always a quote
> about how either Linux had no previous GUI or that Gnome was designed to replace
> "legacy" GUI's like KDE.

The "legacy" GUI was a joke I used for the first time in my Gnumeric
talk at LinuxExpo.  Boy, you keep a close eye on my actions.  Whoever
provides you with information about every move I make should include
in the mail "<miguel-was-giggling> legacy </miguel-was-giggling>".

Now, that being said, my close friends (specially Raph) said that I
went a bit too far with my jokes in my talk.  So I will cut on those
jokes in the future.  They are right, I went over-board, and this will
not happen again.

You have to understand that I love talking to people, and that to me
humor is a very important part of my life.

Unlike what you might think, I did not get a degree on marketing.
Wait a minute.  I did not even get a degree.  I am dropout.  Oh dear.

Anyways, your case is fortunately a clinical case, so there are good
books and known procedures that can help you to direct your rage,
anger and fear toward a productive goal.

Have a nice day,
Miguel.