Re: Has GNOME-Journal Died?

Jayson,

Thanks for your post! I've been the biggest slacker as the editor 'n chief, but like you said, we're all volunteers with a limited amount of time. I think we need to be a bit more organized for starters. We need some regularly scheduled online meetings (I like sri's idea of Skype or Ekiga), maybe every 2 weeks, or even week for those who can make it. I'd be willing to commit to organizing this meeting and picking the day and time to meet at. I've done away with a person project of mine that used to take up every Monday night of mine, so maybe this could be the time that we could meet. We could also setup a nice Launchpad site since this site is a very collaborative friendly open source project site. I've been very impressed by it!

Also, one thing that needs to be tackled is a move to a new CMS system. The major problems with this are two-fold. 1. Someone to spearhead the project and devote time to it. 2. Getting full shell and database access to the server that GJ is currently hosted on which is currently on the official GNOME servers. It was always a bit hard to change things of this fundamental nature in the past. We need to get rid of this road block. If someone can look into getting this full access for our project and how to do it (and document how to request this access), I'd be willing to spearhead the effort to pick a new CMS and get the ball rolling.

I've missed GJ myself. I love writing and editing. It'll be fun to have motivated people working on this again!

Thanks!

Jim