Re: Infrastructure | DotSrc (DK) requesting status as official mirror (#713)

Title: GitLab

Jehan commented on a discussion:

Please note the change in directory structure when reviewing our application.

Yes, this is because you used to sync from the /pub/ directory of the server, now you sync from the root. You can keep it this way if you want, but I'm not sure it is so interesting to sync from root (other root folders are not so interesting, though there is nothing private or wrong either, we do also see them from our server… It's just less useful).

In any case, I fixed temporarily our settings to accommodate the folder tree change. If you want to keep it this way, it's fine with us. If you want to sync again from /pub/ instead, feel free to do this again (don't forget to tell us so that we fix our settings here too as soon as possible).

Question: What interval (hours) do you usually recommend official mirrors to sync from the master source? Currently, DotSrc.org has the sync interval configured to once every 24 hours.

Since we depend on GNOME infrastructure, the same rules apply. GNOME docs says:

Once the rsync password has been sent you should be able to configure your mirror to rsync at least 2-3 times a day.

So I guess you may speed up sync intervals if you want. After all, the faster the better for the sake of our releases (we wait for every mirrors to be up-to-date before publicly announcing releases).

If you change these settings, please tell us your new sync interval for documentation purpose.

You can proceed with the necessary validation steps on your end to approve DotSrc.org as an official mirror. :-)

It's all good for us. I'm just waiting for your confirmation on whether you keep this new folder structure or change it back to how it was before; as well as your sync delays info. 👍