Re: Fwd: Let's move on our bug tracking system and git repository

On Tue, 2016-10-25 at 18:25 +0200, Jehan Pagès wrote:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Abel <akronix5 gmail com> wrote:
It's slow and tedious to search for bugs by products. I'd be easy
if every
product had it's own folder or something like I could go to
bugzilla.gnome.org/shotwell/buglist.cgy?quicksearch="something"

That's exactly what the big search field on the product page does:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=browse.html&product=shotwell

The web site don't support diff between commits and branches.

cgit can show commit diffs and this is integrated in bugzilla (when
you write a commit hash in bugzilla, it links there directly). Now
maybe this diff has less features (I don't think you can diff against
any random branch, only against its own parent).

For the records, it's a custom hack that you automatically get links to
cgit in Bugzilla comments if the Bugzilla product name in the Bugzilla
ticket matches the Git code repository name.

Not support for markdown or flavoured text.

IIRC Bugzilla 6 will support markdown.
Just saying; and not saying we'd migrate to Bugzilla 6 anytime soon.

New features and integrations that bugzilla doesn't seem to ever have. For
instance: webhooks, mobile clients,... think of all the third party services
have integration with github, gitlab and so.

I'd be interested in specific use cases ("I want to achieve X") instead
of technologies.
In my opinion Bugzilla's problem already *is* feature creep. :)

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net