Re: GIMPNet moderators/channel ops

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Patrick Uiterwijk
<puiterwijk redhat com> wrote:
[snip]

We wanted to have an on-ML discussion about channel OPs for GIMPNet, since we've had
some cases of spammers when the network-wide opers aren't around.
[snip]
Another idea I can think of is to make it easier to find network OPs that are available.
Maybe have them determine a schedule of when which is available and publish this?

Might it not be better to implement nickserv/chanserv?  They don't
need to be as aggressive as the ones on freenode, but their code is
probably robust and flexible enough for our use.
     Greg