Re: library-web update on window.gnome.org

Owen Taylor wrote:

> The way I set it up, local changes to files are overwritten each time it
> pulls from git - it updates by doing a 'git reset' to get exactly the
> content that's been checked in. This is mostly to make the automatic
> update as failure proof as possible and avoid any possibility of merge
> conflicts.
>
> Is there some reason that local changes are necessary to do as local
> changes?

Thanks for the explanation.  The libxslt/xsltproc hack is definitely
local, as its sole existence is to work around the old version that is
installed on window.gnome.org.  The change to data/extra-tarballs to
point to locally generated release notes could be done as an extra
configuration file, out of repository.

        Frederic