Re: library-web update on window.gnome.org

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 20:42 +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since the Git migration library-web is installed on window.gnome.org
> in ~gnomeweb/git-wd/library-web/; previously it was in .../svn-wd/...
> and had some local changes[1,2].
>
> I ported those changes to the .../git-wd/... clone, but as I was
> reading some doc on library.gnome.org today I visited a page exposing
> the bug fixed in [1], I then looked at the git clone and the local
> changes were gone.
>
> Looking at the directory entry,
>   drwxr-xr-x  8 gnomeweb gnomeweb 4096 Apr 30 00:00 library-web
> I wonder if the directory is now wiped automatically.
>
> Is this the case?  Could it be disabled

The way I set it up, local changes to files are overwritten each time it
pulls from git - it updates by doing a 'git reset' to get exactly the
content that's been checked in. This is mostly to make the automatic
update as failure proof as possible and avoid any possibility of merge
conflicts.

Is there some reason that local changes are necessary to do as local
changes?

- Owen