Git migration status upate

Hello,

First I would like to thanks all volunteers that worked to prepare the
git migration. Really good job!

Now that 2.26.0 is out, I would like to know what's the plan for the
official migration? Is there any chance 2.27.1 will be made out of git?
Do we have a diplomatic strategy to "force" that migration whatever will
be said on d-d-l? Shouldn't we announce as soon as possible that the
migration will happen rsn, so maintainers that are not used to git yet
can start training instead of hoping that git will never happen for
GNOME?

Finally, as maintainer of Empathy, we are already doing all the dev on
git, using the terrible git-svn... That means that lots of contributors
have pretty large branches on git only. Is it possible to be warned 1 or
2 days before the migration so we push everything in SVN branches and
get that code migrated. Otherwise all our branches will be
incompatible... In such situation I guess the only way is to export
every commit as patch and apply back on the new repository, right?

Thanks,
Xavier Claessens.