Re: Git migration status upate

Le mardi 17 mars 2009, à 11:25 +0100, Xavier Claessens a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> First I would like to thanks all volunteers that worked to prepare the
> git migration. Really good job!
>
> Now that 2.26.0 is out, I would like to know what's the plan for the
> official migration? Is there any chance 2.27.1 will be made out of git?
> Do we have a diplomatic strategy to "force" that migration whatever will
> be said on d-d-l? Shouldn't we announce as soon as possible that the
> migration will happen rsn, so maintainers that are not used to git yet
> can start training instead of hoping that git will never happen for
> GNOME?

The release team is working on an announcement (Lucas wrote a draft).
Current plan is to send the announcement really soon and do the
migration just after 2.26.1 (to leave time to people to make sure
everything is okay, and fix the issues that might get raised).

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.