Re: Plone deployment - Need help

Hi all,

I cc the web list so the other plone guys can comment.

--On Dienstag, Juni 16, 2009 16:23:58 -0300 Alexandro Silva <penguim ubuntu com> wrote:

Hey Guys,

Now that I need help. I installed the Plone[1] in socket server, but I'm
having a problem accessing the url socket.gnome.org:8090/manage. The port
8090 is closed for the external access, I tried to create a rule for open
the port but without success.

Following this how-to[2] I tried to create a virtual host but without
success too.

Could someone help me in this task?

The Plone is installed and running, I need help to open the port 8090 or
create the virtual host.

I would be happy if we can have both. an port forwarding of 8090 for low
level zope experiments, and an virtual host for the test server to reach
test
instances over fixed subdomains.
I remember someone mentioned that there is a subdomain "reserved" (whatever
that means) for plone development of wgo though I can't find a reference.
that should be used for development.

If someone has it's hands on it, I suggest to do these things:

- 1 subdomain, say plone.socket.gnome.org, for the continous updated test
 instance
- 1 subdomain, say edit.socket.gnome.org, for a stable instance where
 content editors can work without getting hidden by broken development
 branches
- open up port 8090 to reach the server and do through the web zope
administration for the case we need it (alternatively we can add additional
 rewrite rules to the virtual host to expose zopes admin interface.

..Carsten