Re: Plone deployment - Need help

Hi Paul,

--On Dienstag, Juni 09, 2009 22:26:44 -0500 Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org>
wrote:

I've spent some time Sunday and today looking at the documentation to set
up Plone, and I'm embarrassed to say, that I'm totally in over my head
regarding Plone.  I've taken a look at socket.gnome.org, and I'm not
even sure where to start.

An installation is described in the README of the buildout [1] and
wgo.installsite [2]. I added a README.deployment[3] to the buildout that adds
informations and describes the differences for an deployment from svn on
socket.gnome.org.

I apologize, when I had skimmed the pages on lgo I thought I could figure
it out, but I wanted to speak up and say something sooner rather than
later.  Is there someone who has some bandwidth to work on this this
weekend?  The other thing I didn't think about it is the fact I'm
leaving for Canada on Thursday for a docs conference - I'll be able to
help, but I just don't have the knowledge and I'm concerned I'll do
something wrong.

I'm available to help you or anyone else working on it. I can also guide you
through in a screen session (if the GNOME sysadmin policy allows restricted
shell access to socket of cause) or on another way.

If you need another configuration (user, port, networkinterface, ...) I can
change that (You get access to the svn repository to check things in yourself)

Cheers,

..Carsten

[1] <http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/gnomeweb-plone/buildout/trunk/README.txt> [2] <http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/gnomeweb-plone/wgo.installsite/trunk/wgo/installsite/README.txt> [3] <http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/gnomeweb-plone/buildout/trunk/README.deployment>