Re: svn to git commit

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 13:25 -0500, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> Suppose you worked for one Linux company in 2000
> and now work for a different Linux company - you don't want to
> attribute
> the 2000 commits to an email belonging to your new employer.  So we're
> probably just going to stick with the more cautious @src.gnome.org
> email
> addresses.

On the other hand, sometimes you also care about attributing correctly
the companies were you worked at these times or, simpler than that, your
email address reflects the chapter of your life when you were working in
certain projects (you start with your college email, then your graduate
school email, and then that cool company that first hired you and now
doesn't exist anymore, etc.) It would be lovely not to loose that
information from the logs.

Claudio

PS: Did I say that seeing all this work going on is just wonderful?