Re: Experimental repositories on git.gnome.org

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 14:50 -0500, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
> On 02/18/2009 12:49 PM, Sandy Armstrong wrote:

> >> I reimported it just now, looks better?
> >
> > Well, the HEAD tag is gone now and I can use gitk, which rocks, but
> > there are now some new problems:
> >
> > 1) Some missing files: autogen.sh, tomboy.spec.in, help/omf.make,
> > help/tomboy.omf.in, help/C/legal.xml, help/C/figures/tomboy-tools.png,
> > help/es/figures/tomboy-tools.png.  There are also missing .cvsignore
> > files, but that is of course OK.  I used meld to do the comparison, btw.
> >
> > 2) I noticed there are some duplicate tags, like TOMBOY_0_12_2 (from svn
> > r2263) and TOMBOY_0_12_2_svn2264 (from svn r2264).  I am guessing that
> > this is the result of retagging?  If so, then I think only the latest
> > one should be kept.  If there is some reason to keep both, then the
> > latest one should keep the TOMBOY_0_12_2 name, and the earlier attemps
> > should get the "_svnXXXX" suffix.
>
> Any update on these issues? The first is a blocker for us, and the
> second is fairly serious as well.

I took a look again and it turns out that tomboy (like vala) started in
svn when gnome was still using cvs.  So there's no cvs history and the
svn history goes back beyond the switch to svn.  The fix for vala fixes
tomboy too - I reimported the tomboy repo, and it looks good.  The
importer still creates the _svnXXXX tags for the cases where a tag has
been overwritten.  The _svnXXX tags can just be deleted.

> Please let me know if I should just sit tight for awhile, or if there's
> some other way you'd prefer me to report these issues.  Don't want to be
> a bother. :-)

Thanks for reminding me :)
Kristian