Re: Scheduling the Bugzilla Upgrade

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 09:34:14 -0700
Sandy Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Max
> Kanat-Alexander<mkanat everythingsolved com> wrote:
> >        I was talking with bkor just now, and I think that we should
> > schedule the Bugzilla upgrade for August 15-16. I will have a
> > feature-complete test installation containing all of GNOME's data
> > by this weekend or earlier, and I think 7 days is enough testing to
> > shake out any critical issues before we go live.
>
> I think this would be more convenient *after* the 2.28 release, as a
> GNOME maintainer who does most of his work on weekends.  But if the
> decision has already been made to do this before 2.28, then that's a
> good weekend, I guess, since it's not right before a release.
>
> If the developer/maintainer point of view is not part of this
> discussion, than apologies for bringing this up in the wrong place.
> :-)

IMO, Bugzilla is more likely to be active and in demand after release;
thus an upgrade prior to release allows us to ensure the service is
there for all the users that need to report issues with the release.

--
./k

kurt von finck

http://www.mneptok.com

public key: keyserver.ubuntu.com
key id: 5229D26A
fingerprint: 127A A484 ADBF A5AD E7FB 8CD2 8913 18F4 5229 D26A

Music is the space between the notes. - Debussy