Re: This proposal doesn't imply extra work (was: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file)

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 16:59 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> [sorry, keep forgetting to hit reply-all... wonder how often I missed
> this before.. maybe you'll see some older forwarded replies from me
> tonight]
>
> On Jan 21, 2008 4:07 PM, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> > As far as I understood, the doap files will live in their own separate module,
> > so the Makefiles in my module will likely not be able to automate this.
> > I'd expect install-module to maybe do that job.
>

> Yes, install-module will add new releases. This requires the module
> name to be the same as the tarball name. I haven't investigate how
> often that differs or what to do when it doesn't (project vs tarball
> difference).

According to Pulse, the only places where this occurs are
gconf!=GConf and empathy!=Empathy.  But empathy's tarballs
on ftp.gnome.org do seem to be empathy, even though the
configure.ac file says Empathy.  No idea what's up with
that.

Note that Pulse is currently not correctly extracting the
tarball name (it's getting "$PACKAGE") from gnome-media,
gtkhtml, libxslt, and all the *mm modules.

I know gnome-control-center used to be one of the modules
with a different tarball name, but that got changed a few
release cycles back.

--
Shaun