Re: Who's looking after drupal?

Ross Golder wrote:
> Thomas Wood wrote:
>> On 10 Dec 2006, at 15:31, Ross Golder wrote:
>> [...]
>>> We have made no DNS changes yet. The currently live 'www.guadec.org'
>>> hosted on window is showing a blank page for me anyway, so as soon as
>>> Thomas is ready, I'll help him repoint the DNS.
>> Ah, I thought you'd already done this. Go ahead with updating the DNS as
>> it's all working correctly on progress now (and it's not working at all
>> on window!).
>>

> Of course, I forgot, that's not hosted by us:
>
> $ whois guadec.org
> Name Server:NS2.TELE.DK
> Name Server:PTAH.DKUUG.DK
> Tech Email:hostmaster dkuug dk
>
> CC'ing tech e-mail. Please can you update 'www.guadec.org' to be a CNAME
> for 'progress.gnome.org'.

FTR, we sorted this out recently. I didn't recall/realise that the
nameservers listed in whois are actually slaving from menubar.gnome.org
(doh!), so I made the necessary changes.

The changes seem to have propagated OK to 'ns2.tele.dk', but not to
'ptah.dkuug.dk' which is still serving up window:

rossg dhcp1:~$ dig @ptah.dkuug.dk www.guadec.org
;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.guadec.org.         3600    IN      CNAME   window.gnome.org.
window.gnome.org.       86400   IN      A       209.132.176.176

--
Ross