Re: Who's looking after drupal?

Andy Shellam wrote:
Hi Quim/Ross,

I've been watching the infrastructure list for a little while, and while I
wouldn't dare to touch most of the services you use, I use a CMS system very
similar to Drupal and indeed I had tried Drupal out before I eventually
settled on ModX.

I have 5+ years in PHP programming (mainly php5 now) and Apache website
admin experience since 1.3.20 (now familiar with 2.2.3.)

While I don't have much time in the week, I do at weekends and am more than
willing to lend a hand.

I also have my own development box co-lo'd in London, and could devote a
virtual host on this machine for dedicated development/testing if need be.

Regards

Andy.

Just FTR, with Danilo's approval, I helped Thomas copy everything for 'www.guadec.org' from window/button to progress the other day and set it up on a virtualhost there, as it seems that window's version of PHP is not up to hosting recent versions of Drupal comfortably.

We have made no DNS changes yet. The currently live 'www.guadec.org' hosted on window is showing a blank page for me anyway, so as soon as Thomas is ready, I'll help him repoint the DNS.

Andy, thanks for offering to help. Please contact Thomas directly for more information.

Thanks,

--
Ross