Re: [GNOME-India] A warm welcome to all those who have joined...

hi
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ravi Pratap M" <ravi ximian com>

> I agree with what you say here and what even Sayamindu was talking
> about. Since our primary goal is advocacy, we need to come up with
some
> of the activities that we want to get ourselves involved with. For
> instance, we could help setup GNOME booths at any Linux conference
in
> India, arrange for demos and talks on GNOME to be given to the
> government and perhaps emphasize the localization efforts ?

the way i see it, the following points are relevant ::

[1] whether for GNU/Linux Asia 2004 there will be a charge for the
stall. if yes, then who is going to bear it/sponsor it ?

[2] do we have the footsoldiers at Delhi for this ?

[3] do we have demo/publicity material at hand ?

[4] what are we aiming at ?

perhaps i could talk to Mayank Sharma from EFY and Raj Mathur as a
preliminary initiative - is that a good idea ?

cheers
sankarshan

ps:: sdg, you are not (i suppose) attending the show, right ?

---