Re: [GNOME-India] A warm welcome to all those who have joined...

Hello everybody,

	It's good to finally see a GNOME India list - given the momentum, this
was the perfect time!

> am more interested in the usability and Gnome talk given, and all of us
> would benefit if the talks/slides could be made available.

	I am sure Nat/Miguel will put them as soon as they get back to Boston.

> > (but we were mentioned in the Developers' section of Slashdot :-)
>
> good show

	I have to say that I beg to differ on the dubious distinctions
associated with Slashdot ;-)

> in an earlier mail Jeff Waugh had announced a few points for the
> GNOME-Marketing. now we have done the thing by setting up the regional
> list (for India). the next step is to talk about strategic goals

	I agree with what you say here and what even Sayamindu was talking
about. Since our primary goal is advocacy, we need to come up with some
of the activities that we want to get ourselves involved with. For
instance, we could help setup GNOME booths at any Linux conference in
India, arrange for demos and talks on GNOME to be given to the
government and perhaps emphasize the localization efforts ?

> for the short term i do think the one suggested below is a prime
> candidate - the more you show and the more you talk the greater people
> know.

	I am ignorant in this matter but how many forums exist in India which
give us some scope to talk about GNOME ? For instance, does anybody have
an idea how many Linux conferences are conducted every year ? I was
under the impression that Linux Bangalore was the biggest.

> on a long term basis, i believe that it is important to build up a
> repository of slides, articles talks and notes that address in a
> comprehensive manner aspects of GNOME and especially addressing
> differing levels of audience. a few of us here are involved in L10n
> efforts in various Indian languages, GNOME has been our DE of choice.
> let's have threads on how effectively eye candy has been used to 'lure'
> eyeballs.

	I completely agree with this. I have given a few talks on GNOME in the
past and would be happy to contribute those. There are also some really
quality talks we can get from the GNOME guys - Nat, Michael, Miguel,
etc.

	Ravi.