[GNOME-India] Hey hey!!

Well,
Seems that the initial rush is over, and we now have quite a few
GNOME'ers amongst us.
To begin with, welcome aboard. :-)
As you may know, Nat and Miguel has been in Bangalore for Linux
Bangalore 2k3, and you can read all about it at the Planet GNOME
(www.gnome.org/~jdub/planetgnome). Also, if someone has attended their
talks in LB 2003, please do share you experience with us.
Also, Miguel mentions that GNOME Bangalore has been created - can
someone get more info on that please?
Also, one thing that bugs me is that the news of GNOME IN has not
been spread much amongst the LUGs and other UGs of India - I would
request all those who get this message to spread the news.
(SM - could you fwd the original announcement to Fred and LFY ??
That should take care of a lot of things :-D)
<duck>
(but we were mentioned in the Developers' section of Slashdot :-)

Also, just FYI, we have been offered webspace by the people who are
hosting GNOME Malaysia - but IMHO, it would be too early to have a
website at this stage. Let this list gather up some momentum first.

..and since one of the major aims of this list is GNOME advocacy, I
would recommend that you take a look at gnoppix.org (if you haven't done
so already). It is an ideal tool for a hands on demo :-).
And of course, on a local note, Karunakar and myself were discussing
about a Indic Live CD running GNOME localized into
Bengali/Hindi/Malayalam/Tamil/XX.

..and finally, I checked out GNOME 2.5 from CVS yesterday - and it
rocks!! (and it is quite stable for a <unstable>.0 release too).

Well, that's it for the introductory mail.

-happy GNOME-ing-
-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta
[ http://clai.net/sayamindu ]

What is food to one, is to others bitter poison.
		-- Titus Lucretius Carus