Re: How can translation get permissions to close "their" Gitlab issues?

Hi Andre,

in order to close issues, one needs to be member of the translation project. When I (German translator) had
the same issue 2 years ago, I was manually added by Piotr. A simple approach could be to grant coordinators
the maintainer role so they can manage their team members themselves.
Maybe it's even possible to sync the roles on Damned Lies with Gitlab, I don't know about that.

Cheers
Tim

Andre Klapper via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org> hat am 08.05.2021 21:48 geschrieben:

It seems that sometimes translation bug reports (issues) remain open
though they have been fixed by translators, simply because translators
don't have permissions to close them. Random examples:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Translation/pt/-/issues/11#note_1089460
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Translation/fi/-/issues/2#note_1061809

Does anyone know how translators could request permissions to close
issues in "their" GitLab project?
Or even a (semi-)automated process to hand out such permissions?

I could not find this aspect covered in
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/GitLab/-/issues/341 either.

Maybe this is not a common problem; still wanted to bring it up.

Thanks,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net