I Cc'ed gogo in a previous message but someone removed him... please don't do that, since we want him to be up-to-date about this discussion and hear his opinion.

As I see, this is an internal problem in your transaltion team and we cannot interfere for this momment. If your team coordinator was away for a long time we could re-consider our intervention but for now I think we should not.

Regards

El mié., 27 may. 2020 a las 23:30, Milo (<mivir milotype de>) escribió:
I thank everybody's input … the only person not replying is gogo himself … so go figure!?

As outlined before, I'm no novice/beginner. I'm trilingual (hr, de, en), bilingual natively (hr, de), with some knowledge of other european languages, which helps me a lot to compare translations … I've translated many open source software of different kinds in the past two years and have never experienced such obstrusion/ignorance.

As a mater of fact, because of gogo's attitude, GNOME's Croatian translation team lately lost a Croatian native speaker as translator, who was translating "orca" (program for blind users). And yes, the person IS blind – so, who knows better? We are both translating "nvda" (screen reader for blind users). Unfortunately, while complaining about a gogo's reply on "orca" translation (which never got released), he responded only to my email address, so here is his response:
Predmet: RE: New release of GIMP planned for February 14
Datum: 10. veljače 2020. u 22:48:29 CET
Za: "'Milo Ivir'" <mail milotype de>

Hi,
The same is for orca.
Translation coordinator is here to help, not to reinforce their terminology and suggest the terminology from ubuntu.
I want to be terminology independent and I want to use terminology familiar by users, written in a natural language.

So, again, please let us find a solution! Presuming that my translations (or other) are incorrect and only gogo's are correct, is NOT the right way.

Cheers,
Milo

P.S. Who decides and how, whether a translator has a certain quality?