Re: Git access for translators

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:30 AM Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
However, there are some cases where Damned Lies is not yet able to push
*new* translations.

Another case that you forgot about and which I also forgot about so far when replying to this topic is figures. We don’t have a way to upload images from DL, but that would be awesome to have! Bonus points if one can have the corresponding string translated in the process.

Note that there are more and more modules also using LINGUAS files for
docs, so this issue should be less important in the future. If the
release-notes build could be changed to use a LINGUAS file, it would be
great too.

Could Damned lies detect when that is the case and display a warning for those where it can not add the new translation? I thought all documentation were affected but if that’s not the case then I’ll start committing from DL for docs too when possible.

> Also, it would be good to know if merge requests would be appropriate for
> this, instead of pure git access.

It's a bit heavier than direct pushes, but IMHO it can be acceptable.

Agreed although I’d lean more on the “meh” side.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker