Re: Events for translators

On Mon., 3 Jul. 2017, 13:56 Alexandre Franke, <afranke gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org> wrote:
>> There is a table on the wiki page. Coordinator satisfaction can depend
>> on a number of criteria and should be defined on a per event basis.
>
> Inside the wide satisfaction level, could it be a more or less standard? As
> in, maybe 100 strings of quality translated? It's just to give some very
> basic guidelines, to avoid an event report like "yeah they learnt
> something".

Did you read the page? The table and agenda address that question.

I did. I don't feel that answers my question though...

> Is the general guide I linked before good enough as a basic
> guideline for someone that wants to organise such event?

Not really. First of all that is not what that page is for (it’s
information for people from the outside trying to join, not community
members trying to organize an event) and second of all this page needs
to be revamped (as many of the pages in that namespace).

Oh I mean as a kind of tutorial for the atendees, to avoid following some workflow that is not expected (i.e. this happened "how to build GNOME" and resulted in not so great experience)

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director