Re: Events for translators

Hi Carlos,

This sounds like a great idea! I would be happy to organize such events for potential contributors from Turkey.

I spoke during some sessions in AB17 conference this year in Turkey. Some of them were about localization of free software to Turkish, and I went through GNOME's translation workflow as an example. -The topic was general initially, but I couldn't resist, and turned it into a GNOME event :)- You may check the details of the event on the wiki page: https://wiki.gnome.org/Events/AB17

Others have already provided valuable input, but I would like to emphasize importance of quality over quantity once more. I think measure of success should be more flexible than x number of strings or y number of modules.

Cheers,
Muhammet

Hello all,

Lately we have been trying to define what events GNOME can sponsor and how. You can read more in the wiki [0]

One of the ideas is a "Translation race" event. Basically various people get together to learn how to translate and translate some module with some of you.

However I need a little of help to figure out how that event could be. The questions I have are:
- How much time do you think it would take to set up, teach and translate a module?
- What items would be interesting for you? (e.g. stickers, some cake, snacks,....)
- How many people could a single organiser handle in a comfortable way?
- Do you think "translated one module per person" is doable in that time and a good way to measure the success of the event? If not, what do you propose as a measurement of success of the event?
- Do you have a canonical guide an orgnizer should follow and make the people follow? (similar to /Newcomers). Is https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/JoiningTranslation the one?
- Any other point we should take into account?